This soup is so easy to make and very healthy and comforting. Just less than 10 minutes to prepare and you can make it in advance and keep in the fridge for few days!
- Red Lentils 250 g
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped
- 100g Cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 Small potatoes, finely chopped
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbs ground ginger
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh parley or coriander
Pour the washed red lentils and all the ingredients in a medium saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat and cover them with water, add salt and 1 tbs of olive oil.
Reduce the heat to low and let simmer, covered, until the lentils begin to fall apart, about 30 minutes. Lentils must become soft, almost a cream. If needed, during cooking, add more hot water.
Taste and season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve with toppings if desired.